Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Change

In my short life of 19 years, I have come to realize that change is an ever going and ever present thing. We have all head the phrase, "Things change over time" or the famous, "Times have changed." Why? Why does this happen? Why are we as humans so caught up in change? What is wrong with consistency?

I look at the small number of people I used to associate myself with in high school, we are all so different now. Most of them left while I was in middle school. The ones who did not stay, found different people to hangout with or completely changed their lifestyle.

Over the past semester, I have discovered that I long for consistency. Consistency in my friendships, in my household, in my grades, in my relationships with others. I am sick and tired of change. Change makes me anxious, it makes me uneasy, and it leaves me feeling over all hopeless. I say this because there is nothing to do about fixing it. I cannot fix it. People change, everyone has a different influence or person they idolize or look up to. They try their best to be that person. It is like nobody today wants to be an original, they want to be someone else, someone they are not.

Why is this? Have we as Americans become so wrapped up in things that we loath who we are? We were made to be ourselves, not to wear the masks of someone we are not. You are a unique individual. Do not let Hollywood, a stupid imagine, or a tabloid tell you how you should look or act. Be yourself, be an original, be someone who makes nobody feel like a somebody. x

No comments:

Post a Comment